Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week 70

My dad (in the red) and my aunt's boyfriend, who share birthdays, with the red velvet cake I made

I know it seems like it is always Wednesday before I get my menus up for the week but Mondays I am too tired and since Mon & Wed are the nights D is in school I have time on the computer for a few minutes.
What is new in your 'hood?  How goes the grind?  We are plugging along, albeit not very gracefully but we are still here.  This week has been a reminder that I need to yell a lot less often at my kids.  ANd by kids, I mean my 5 year old son.  I feel like it is all I have been doing and it makes me sad.  I also feel like I want to do more fun stuff with my kids.  All day long we either run from one thing to another or else I am trying desperately to get anything done at home.  One of these days I am going to realize that I have missed it all and I am going to be devastated!
The past 3 nights Dallin has not been home, which only adds to my feeling of psychopathic mom and we are only at the beginning of the semester - the next few months are going to be KILLER with midterms and finals creeping up in just a few weeks!  I am looking for some suggestions of easy, yummy meals that you or your families love.  I am hoping that if I can stay on top of meals, it will be one less thing for me to worry about, right?
Lastly, it is cold, but it is one of the only times we are not alone in this.  Actually, I think most of the rest of North America is colder for once and we are sitting at seasonable cold, which still feels miserable but it is nice to feel like it is normal!

This week for dinner:

Sunday:
Fried chicken with sriracha honey glaze (from the book The Chew - made a combo of the 2 fried chickens in the book but used the Sriracha honey and it was to die for!), "baked potato" salad, brown sugar carrots and zucchini, spinach salad

Monday:
Steak with mushroom pan sauce, mashed potatoes, broccoli (which turned to mush after the kids would not come to dinner and it sat in the pot trying to keep warm - needless to say no one ate it!)

Tuesday:
Pork Satay over brown rice, buttered peas

Wednesday:
Glazed meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli with cheddar cheese sauce, mesclun & caprese salad

Thursday:
asian chicken drumsticks, fried rice, pepper and zucchini stir fry, steamed sugar snap peas

Friday:
fried buffalo chicken tacos, spanish rice, corn, guac and chips

Saturday:
I have a bridal shower to go to, maybe just some breakfast for dinner or something else easy

What are you cooking these days?  What is your favourite stew recipe?  I am totally craving Creamy Chicken Stew - it is one I have tweaked over many years based on an old Ina Garten recipe.  She is a comfort food GENIUS, I tell you!

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat with you Tami. Let's just make it through this semester. The last one almost killed me and the first month of this one has almost killed me. It's so brutal. At least you have a wonderful KID FREE trip to go on at the end. Keep your head up and just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog! I'm your watcher, I hope that you, too, I'll watch! Regards

    http://www.hardcandyyyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete