Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Week 71

Old picture from NYE


Okay my friends.  What a crazy few weeks it has been.  I had to take a bit of a hiatus with all that was going on.  My dear friend's daughter got married and she asked me to help be in charge of the food for the reception.  It was a massive undertaking but I had so much help and in the end it all worked out, despite all the leftovers.  It was a lot of fun and I had such good friends pitch in and roll up their sleeves.  I am a very lucky girl!
Right before the wedding, on my birthday weekend, Dallin and I redid the den and turned it into a music room/library.  Honestly, it was so spur of the moment and it all happened so fast but I am SOOO happy with how it turned out.  Every time I walk past that room, I smile.  I will show some before and after pics soon.
We also had Emma's birthday in there as well.  My sweet girl turned 11.  How in the WORLD did that happen?  I feel like her life is slipping past me and I am missing it!  I need to hold n tight as these next few years will go by even quicker and then she will be gone and I will be weepy and sad and ...... I am not ready for that.  One day at a time!
This week for dinner:

Sunday:
We had an Oscar party with our neighbors at their house but I brought lots of food - general tao chicken wings, sweet and sour chicken meatballs, lil smokies (for the kids), veggies and dip, baguette and Boursin, Kellee made salsa and she had crackers and cheese and some other delicious things and she made cookies.  It was a smorgasbord of deliciousness!

Monday:
Pork chops with a cinnamon chilli dry rub and apple sauce, roast sweet potatoes, broccoli and cheese sauce

Tuesday:
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas, spanish rice, corn, sweet kale salad

Wednesday:
Coconut chicken fingers, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, salad, brownies

Thursday:
Pork Satay, coconut rice, steamed green beans and red peppers

Friday:
Big rock burgers, chips, fresh veggies and dip and fruit

Saturday:
whatever we feel like eating.  Really it will depend on if we go out Friday night and then we will have burgers this night and if not, we will just make something simple.  I try not to cook too much on the weekends :P

What have you been eating and loving right now?  What is your family craving?  My kids are all loving Salmon these days and we have been going through a lot of cookies, too.  I made cookies about 4 times in the last 2 weeks and they have eaten through every batch within 2 days!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see your before and after pics! And Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete