Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 53

The kids and Dal jumping on the tmp in the rain last weekend

Happy Tuesday.  Monday was a holiday and I honestly didn't even think of getting on the computer really.  It was a lovely long weekend and we had gorgeous weather, sunshine and fun.  It was so nice to have Dallin here for Sunday and Monday and to hear all of the stories of his golf weekend extravaganza with his friends.  I love that he has a good group of guys to hang out with, even if not everyone could make it.
I am also loving that schools out.  Kids are sleeping in and so am I (if you count 8am as sleeping in, which I do), they are having "sleepovers" in each other's rooms and staying up late to play outside or jump on the trampoline.  I love it!
We went to see the new Temple in Calgary yesterday.  I had not seen it since it was in new construction phase.  The outside is mostly complete and it is GORGEOUS!  I cannot wait for the open house to take my kids and my parents to see it.  What a blessing to have it be here and to know what it will mean for the people of this area.  I also Visit Teach someone who was called with her husband to be in the new Temple Presidency and I am so excited for them!

This week for dinner:

Sunday:
Cinnamon BBQ chicken breasts, loaded baked potatoes, broccoli with cheese sauce, homemade chocolate ice cream sandwiches (super yummy)

Monday:
Chipotle BBQ chicken sandwiches (with the leftover chicken), chips, veggies

Tuesday:
Curried Beef Stew with Coconut Milk, rice, asparagus and salad

Wednesday:
Cafe Rio pulled pork, cilantro cream sauce, lime rice, corn a dn black beans, tortillas, homemade fresh salsa, salad

Thursday:
Orange soy ginger tilapia with quinoa, zucchini and carrots

Friday:
We are taking the kids to the Stampede so we will probably eat a tonne of junk

Saturday:
my baby girl (okay so they are all my babies!) is getting baptized so we will have a luncheon/dinner afterwards - buns with lunch meats, cheeses, fruit and veggie platters, cookies and cinnamon buns

What are you eating this week?  What is something new you have tried lately that you cannot get enough of?  I love anything with coconut milk in it - not new but I am thoroughly addicted to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment