Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to School

No matter how well I prepare myself, I am never ready for back to school.  I am one of the few moms who is not doing a happy dance, excited over getting their kids out of the house.  I LOVE having my kids at home with me and our lazy days of summer.  I love the fun we have together and just seeing them every day (well, almost).
On the contrary, my girls were giddy for "back to school".  They could not wait to meet their teachers and see all of their friends.  I am still in shock that Emma is in grade FOUR - I clearly remember grade four and being 9 & 10.  It amazes and frightens me that Emma will remember most things from here on in - I need to be more careful!  She is growing up so fast and I do not want to miss it.
Sophia is in grade two and is so in love with school - it is a joy to see.  She comes home every day full of stories about her teacher and her school work and happily runs upstairs to do her at-home reading and mark it in her book.

Of course, really this wouldn't be a back to school post without pictures.






Here is to another year of education ....

2 comments:

  1. Emma and Sophia look so grown up. I too remember grade 4 very well ... it doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe, your kids are so old. I remember grade 2, I'll cry right along with you!

    ReplyDelete