Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's Such a Perfect Day ....

.... I'm glad I spent it with you. (Anyone else grow up with that song? It always makes me think of my dad)


We had just about the perfect day on Saturday. I actually do not know what a perfect day entails, it changes based on my mood and what we have been doing lately but it really was perfect that day. We got to go out garage sale-ing in the morning (which I love) and we got the two things I was looking for (love more!). We worked in the garden while the sun shone all afternoon and the kids played in the cul-de-sac. We went for a family bike ride to get ice cream (pralines and cream - yummy!) and then after dinner while the big kids were out playing and Dallin was golfing, I got to have a nice fun hour to myself with my baby girl. We jumped on the trampoline and then just sat on the deck and watched the bubble blower fill the air with rainbow spheres as the sun was going down. It was warm, nary a breeze and it was perfect.
As I sat there, I could not help but be overwhelmed at how perfect a day it was but more important how wonderful this life is. In the words of a very special woman, "It is good. It is OH-SO good."

2 comments:

  1. that does sound perfect. Glad you had such a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those bubble machines - and so does Noah! Soo nice to have those moments:)

    ReplyDelete