Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Two Tickets to Paradise

Have I mentioned yet how much I loved our trip? Remember when I was so nervous to leave my kids and wasn't sure how I would be able to enjoy the time without them? Scratch all that. It was heavenly! Really, more than I could have imagined it was so badly needed. It was a time to just remember who WE are and what WE love to do. I am thankful as Dallin and I have an amazing relationship and we have been truly blessed over the years to be able to remain best friends and stay close despite kids and school and work and business trips and life coming at us. This just made it so much better.
The island is GORGEOUS and you literally step off the plane onto the tarmac (as this is a tropical place and you just disembark right onto the blacktop) and the thick fragrant air hits you like a tonne of bricks. It is just so delicious and intoxicating, you want to keep taking deep breaths. There was a band playing local music just for us tourists and it was so fun. They have it all down to a science and you are literally whisked from one area to another until you are on a bus and waiting to head to your resort. We arrived to the site of a beautiful plantation style open air lobby - there are no closed doors in almost the whole place besides the rooms. Everything is open to the breezes and fresh warm air. I felt like I was in a dream the whole first day. Our room, the beaches, the pools, the resort, it was all so perfect.
The next week did not disappoint - we just did whatever it was our little hearts desired and took no thought for anyone else. It was glorious! The weather could not have been more perfect, like we ordered it in advance. We had sunshine and blue skies and water so clear it was like a bath!
When we flew home Dallin and I kept saying that we were so thankful for the pictures because if we had not had them, it would have felt like we dreamt the whole thing! This is definitely something I intend to repeat in the future and hopefully it does not take us another 12 years to do it!

Now, some pictures for your enjoyment .....








4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing. Where exactly did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic - heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are amazing! I love that you guys got to go away, just the 2 of you- so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOo my goodness that really does look heavenly, I am so glad you guys got to enjoy it all. Nothing like a tropical place!

    ReplyDelete