Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

He Lives

I love the Hymn "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". It is my sister in laws favorite song and every time I hear it I think of her. She sang it once when she was in the young single adult ward and she will never know how much hearing her sing that wonderful song strengthened my testimony and affected me in so many ways. She has always been such a good example to me of faith and strength. She has so much goodness and light in her and I learn from her every time I have the chance to be with her or talk to her.
It also reminds me of my Mother in Law. She is one of the most faithful and spiritual people I know. I am constantly in awe of her kindness and her dedication to her family and the Lord. She is so good to me, even when I do not deserve it and I love her for it. She has taught me so much about what it means to be a disciple of Christ and to serve with love and humility. She has shown me what it means to have charity. I have learned so much from her example.
This hymn also reminds me of Dallin. He is the most charitable, humble and teachable person I know. He is constantly reminding me of what I need to do to become more like the Savior through his actions and his words. He is such a beacon of strength and light in our family and I am forever grateful for that.
The words of the hymn bring so much peace:

"I know that my Redeemer lives, what comfort this sweet sentence gives. He lives, He lives who once was dead, he lives my ever living head"
At this Easter season, I am thankful for the reminder that He Lives. I am thankful that I know this and I am thankful for others in my life who continue to show this to me.

I love to hear the testimonies of the Apostles, especially at Easter Time:
HE LIVES

1 comment:

  1. Awe Tami, you are too kind! It is true I love that song and I hope we get to hear some of conference this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete