Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Some Like It Hot


If you have never heard of Bikram Yoga before then you are missing out. It is something I am fairly new to (as in I have only been going for less than a month) but am completely addicted to and in love with. It is Yoga that is done in a very HOT and humid room, around 41C or 110 F. Did I mention it is HOT? You sweat like a donkey in Ecuador but it is FAB-ulous! The heat is meant to help the body loosen up and stretch further, better able to reach the poses plus the sweating is supposed to be a form of detox, ridding the body of impurities and unnecessary things. It is a series of 26 ashanas and lasts 90 minutes. You are soaked to the bone and exhausted physically and mentally by the end but you feel amazing. It is so cleansing and invigorating. I even convinced Dallin to try it with me on my birthday, which was really fun.

My goal is 2-3 times a week, which is a struggle with the craziness of our schedules but it is worth it! If you have not tried it, I urge you to find your nearest studio and GO! Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment