Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Exercise

Today was the first day I got what felt like real exercise since Lydia was born. I went to meet a walking group from church who do a 5K loop at a fast walk pace. Unfortunately I was the only one who showed up, either that or I somehow missed the group. I decided that since I was all ready and Jack and Lydia were all packed into the Chariot that I would do a modified loop myself. I only went about 3K and did a fast walk/jog. It felt so good to get out there and get my heart rate up (and boy, was it up!). It is a gorgeous day and the smell of the flowers blooming and the peaceful morning sounds just lifted my spirits so much and made me super excited to start running again. I have missed it so much and I can't wait to go out now. Of course I will be so lame and out of shape and barely be able to run 1K, I'm sure, but I still just NEED to get back into it. I am hoping tomorrow night might be my first venture out, and I will just take it slow.
I am also looking forward to the added bonus of my large jelly belly shrinking down a touch too ....

1 comment: