Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Freezer Meals


I am beginning the daunting task of making meals to freeze to have on hand when the baby comes.  I did this when I was pregnant with Jack and it literally saved my life when he was born.  I had 21 meals frozen and I was so grateful to have them!  I did receive 3 very generous meals from friends as well but it was so nice to know that I had something to fall back on.  It was one less thing to think about and worry about.  On top of just having had a baby, we were in the process of moving so things were  a mess around our house and I was so happy to not have to think about what's for dinner.  Each day I just had to go to the basement and take our dinner out in the morning so it would defrost and we could cook it and enjoy!  
I am also so grateful to be feeling well enough to do this.  I am feeling surprisingly well most days and in relatively little pain so I am enjoying my mobility and doing this now as I am sure closer to the date and definitely after baby comes I will not feel so much like doing it.  Now is the time when the pressure is on but I still feel strong enough to do it!
There are only 2 months left until the baby comes.  TWO MONTHS!  I need to get cracking on all I need to do and these meals are just one thing on a list of many.  I made 4 meals today which means I need to do at least 10-14 more to get us through most of June.  If any of you who read this have ideas or suggestions, recipes of meals you and your family like and can be frozen I would gratefully welcome them with open arms!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that is a picture of your freezer. That is awesome! I will-e-mail you some ideas. You can tell this is your 4th, still 2 months to go and you are already freezing meals. If I were you I would eat all the meals before the baby was even born.
    We are coming soon, can't wait to see you & baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that was my freezer - it would be clean and I would be done!!!

    ReplyDelete