Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 78

This is from back in May from Lydia's birthday.  Can you believe how tanned Dallin and I were?!?

Can you believe I am actually going to post 2 weeks in a row?  This must be a record or something!  I am not sure what has come over me or if it will last but lets enjoy it while we can!

This last week passed in a blur or summer activities.  Lake, friends, playdates and projects.  It is frantic now as we try to get everything done!  We took a little day trip last week to Babb Montana and stopped at lots of fun places along the way.  It was good all around!
This is our last week of summer break.  We are all so sad and trying to hang on for dear life but the kids are also so excited for back to school.  The letters with their teacher assignments made it all so real!  They all got great teachers and are with a few friends so they are happy about that.  I will be busy canning and jamming this week as I have almost 200lbs of stone fruit in my garage just waiting to be put up into jars!!!  Wish me luck ....

This week for dinner:

Sunday:
We did a big lunch/dinner at about 4 since we were all starving when we got home from church.  It was a weird mishmash but we loved it: grilled hotdogs with sauteed onions and sauerkraut, corn on the cob, loaded nachos with spicy chicken, fresh peaches and nectarines (which are divine!) and some veggies

Monday:
Dallin is away so it is just the kids and me - we will do something easy.  I am thinking chicken caesar salad and garlic bread or something

Tuesday:
We will be canning peaches all day and my friend and her kids will be here.  If we have time to cook it will be basic but if not we will bring in some pizza or something.  The kitchen will be slightly busy here!

Wednesday:
I think I will be excited to cook!  I am thinking pork tenderloin with grilled peaches, parmesan mashed potatoes, grilled zucchini and steamed carrots

Thursday:
honey lime chicken enchiladas, spanish rice, green beans, garden tomato salad

Friday:
not 100% sure what the plan is - Dallin and I may go out for dinner and a movie for our date night :)

Saturday:
I am hoping for a nice warm day so we can spend it at the beach.  If we can we will pack sandwiches and fruit and veggies and have a picnic there for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great last week of summer break.  Is there anything you are looking forward to for fall?  I do love the smell and the change and the excitement of back to school.  I am looking forward to a little less fighting and all the sweet one on one time I will get with my baby girl (which will be a blessing and a curse!)

No comments:

Post a Comment