Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 68

I found this picture on my old phone - I love that little monkey!

Yeah, well, I realize that is a gross mistake in the title but I am only keeping track of the weeks I write out the menu ON the blog.  I still cooked dinner the last 3 weeks but we were so busy I just never got on to write it out here.
We had such a lovely holiday and I will update all of that in a separate post.  Family, food, friends and fun.  Can never get enough of that!
We booked ourselves a trip to the Dominican.  With all the snow that fell last night and the cold, miserable weather we have, the next 3.5 months cannot pass fast enough!
Dallin is back in school again.  After last weeks block week class, I am hoping the rest of the semester is much easier because that just about killed us both!

This week for dinner:

Sunday:
Dinner at my sweet inlaws house - roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots and parsnips, winter salad, pickles, beets and grandma's pickle relish for roast beef and carrot cake for dessert!

Monday:
baked pork chops with smoked paprika dry rub, garlic and parmesan mashed potatoes, apple sauce, buttered peas, spinach, grape tomato, cuke and feta salad

Tuesday:
Taco Tuesday!  Blackened Tilapia fish tacos with shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes and cilantro lime yogurt sauce, spanish rice and corn and some raw veggies - use THIS recipe and just made fish tacos from it, although I alter the spice rub since it is WAY too spicy for us, and we like spice!  Regular ground beef tacos for the littler kids

Wednesday:
Crispy Rosemary Sriracha Yogurt chicken thighs, leftover mashed potatoes (I made twice as much Monday), steamed broccoli

Thursday:
Spaghetti with meatballs, green salad and garlic parmesan pull apart bread

Friday:
Date night - I think we will go out to eat and maybe to see a movie after :)

Saturday:
My dad's birthday celebration - pulled beef on a bun, roasted potatoes, artichoke salad, bruschetta and baguette and other yummy appies and I am making Red Velvet Cake for dessert

What are you eating this week?  Tried anything new lately?  Hope all of you are staying warm and getting back into the swing of your schedules.  I am still adjusting .....

No comments:

Post a Comment