Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Week 66


Halloween Harry Potter Style

What a whirlwind of a week it has been.  I am totally and absolutely exhausted in the best way possible.  I have some of the best friends on Earth (honestly, they really are!) and spending a weekend away with them shopping, laughing, eating, trying on clothes and taking ridiculous pictures is quite possibly one of the biggest joys in life.  You know, after spending time with my husband and kids, of course ;)
I came home to children who were very happy to see me and a very appreciative husband.  He did so well but I think he was ready to be done being a single parent.  They had a blast while I was away but we all missed each other and the reunion was sweet.  Going away is awesome and the hugs from my kids and the "I missed you SO much" and "I am SO happy you are back" made it even better.
I scored some incredible deals, got most of my shopping done, picked up a few cute things for me and got waved through at the border - success all around.  Now I am back to laundry, cleaning, playing with kids and trying to make up for the complete and utter lack of sleep that occurred.

This week for dinner ....

Sunday:
We ate at McD's on the way home.  Not my favourite but we were starving!  Dallin and the kids ate at the neighbours' whose wife was with me.

Monday:
General Tao chicken drumsticks (I use this recipe for the sauce and just bake chicken drumsticks instead and then pour the sauce over them and bake them for another 15 min turning every few minutes to coat), rice, lemon pepper green beans and salad

Tuesday:
Blackened Tilapia with cilantro lime yogurt sauce ( I did not add the cayenne and it was still WAY too spicy for the kids, next time I would only add about 1/2 tsp of chipotle powder and some regular chilli powder.  I also added about 2 tsp sugar to the dry rub), roasted potatoes, lemon steamed asparagus and raspberry almond spinach salad

Wednesday:
Taco pie, spanish rice, corn, chips and guacamole

Thursday:
pork tenderloin with a mushroom cream sauce, mashed potatoes, roasted parmesan asparagus, steamed carrots

Friday: 
We have our church Christmas party but I am not sure if they are feeding us dinner or not.  If not, we will eat something simple and quick before we go - maybe soup and grilled cheese or some quesadillas 

Saturday:
We have a birthday party about an hour north of us so something on the run, maybe just sandwiches packed with us or leftovers


1 comment:

  1. Love the Harry Potter costumes. They all look so cute. And your shopping trip sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete