Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Week 63


Hello, my friend, Hello.  So onto another week.  I would say it is nice except the dang SNOW that showed up overnight.  It seriously looks like the middle of winter out there right now.  Thank goodness we live in Calgary and Chinook is our middle name so we will probably see the grass again before the permanent frost.
We had our family pictures done last week and we LUCKED out - I cannot imagine if we had waited one more week.  We would have had them in the snow :(  Thankfully it was 17 and sunny with a slight breeze.  Absolutely dreamy and perfect fall weather.  I am so excited to get the pictures back now and see how they turned out.  Possibly my favourite thing.
I have been in a cooking rut and I am trying to dig myself out of it.  I have not been inspired at all and I am making all kinds of lazy meals these days.  I did make two delicious meals this past week and I will post recipes soon ..... totally worth all the crappy dinners we have had lately!
This week ....

Sunday:
Chicken Pot Pie with cheddar cheese crust (recipe to come), steamed lemon pepper green beans and green salad

Monday:
Pasta with sundried tomatoes and roasted chicken in a pesto cream sauce with spinach salad on the side (plain alfredo for the littlest ones)

Tuesday:
Wild mushroom soup, biscuits, spinach salad with cherry tomatoes and feta and fruit salad

Wednesday:
Coconut chicken fingers, oven fries, carrots, cukes and celery with dip, fruit (I am babysitting and have little ones to feed)

Thursday:
Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken, rice, dumplings, broccoli and spinach mandarin orange salad (I am planning to take dinner to Sophia's friend from school's family since she just had her 5th baby!)

Friday:
Depends on if I am here or not - might go visit a friend far away or if not Dallin and I will probably go out for dinner and a movie.

Saturday:
totally depends on what we do that day, it is still up in the air :)  Maybe breakfast for dinner.

What have you been cooking lately?  Tried any good recipes?  I am excited to get mine up for you to try!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your pics! I meant to get ours done but didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the heck out of anyone who sticks to a meal plan every week. I always start out with such good intentions and failfailfail. Looks like I'll have to start up again :)

    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete