Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Week 58


It happened.  School arrived.  The summer is officially over and we are into September and my life is over.  Okay, so maybe not over but I am in some serious mourning over the loss of my kids and the return of the crazy early morning schedule.  Not being an early morning person really bites me in the butt when it comes to getting kids ready every day!
We had an awesome and fun weekend with Dallin's family for the long weekend.  So fun we didn't want to come home and stayed an extra night!  It was so nice to hang out with them and have my kids play with their baby cousin Noah (okay so he is 2 but he is the 2nd youngest cousin and they still think of him as a baby).  We went to the Temple, hiked in Waterton, had a campfire and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows and ate WAY too many treats.  My sister-in-law Julia did all the food and did an amazing job - we were certainly well fed!  I am hoping every reunion is that fun in the future :)

This week for dinner:

Sunday: 
Coconut crusted chicken with a dijon apricot dipping sauce, coconut rice, chopped salad and white cake with strawberries and whip cream for dessert.  Delicious!

Monday: 
our ward Corn Roast - chilli, corn on the cob, millions of salads and desserts.

Tuesday: 
Grilled chicken with pesto and parmesan, roasted baby potatoes, grilled zucchini, corn on the cob (they gave us another doz last night :P)

Wednesday:
Pork Satay over brown rice, steamed broccoli and carrots

Thursday:
steak with blue cheese sauce over mashed potatoes, zucchini and tomato skillet

Friday:
No idea since Dallin may not be home due to school this week.  Hoping we can maybe get out for a date night.  If not, probably some homemade pizzas

Saturday:
maybe quesadillas with guacamole and chips, cilantro lime rice and corn

What changes happen in your menus once Fall arrives?  Do you cook any differently?  I am going to grill as long as the weather holds up and then it will slowly turn into more soups, stews and baked dishes.  Not gonna lie, I am excited for those, too!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am on a crock pot recipe quest. Swimming lessons and hockey coming up in the evenings I know I'm going to hate not having my freezer full of emergency meals.
    But sometimes when its cooked in a crock pot, it kind of tastes like it. I'm getting your butter chicken recipe and I've raided your pinterest. Any other go to recipes you have for a quick meal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually have pizza for dinner on Fridays too!

    Good luck with your early mornings! We're not quite to that stage yet...but I know it's gotta be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up we always had pizza on Fridays. So many great memories. Adore this post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest outfit post and part one of my NYFW experience, including my lunch to discuss my LaurenConrad.com style column and meeting the fabulous Olivia Palermo... Eeek.<3

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete