Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 56

my little (and big) golfers last weekend

The summer is winding down already.  How did that happen?  It always seems like I can't wait for the lazy days of summer and then I blink and they are gone.  Everywhere we look back to school shopping and school supplies are dragging me back to reality.  The mornings and evenings are cooling down more quickly.  The days are hot and sunny but there is the hint that fall is coming, whispers of it coming around the corner.
This week I am going to do everything I can to enjoy the last days we have.  We are going to the lake, Calaway Park, the Zoo and everywhere else we can.  I want to make sure at the end of the month, we have no regrets.
This week for dinner:

Sunday:
Homemade mushroom soup, buttermilk biscuits, green salad with tomatoes, cukes and feta with maple balsamic vinaigrette

Monday:
General Tao chicken drumsticks, foil packs with new potatoes, zucchini, peppers and onions, steamed green beans

Tuesday:
Hawaiian grilled chicken thighs, coconut rice, sesame roasted broccoli

Wednesday:
Spaghetti with meatballs, garden salad, parmesan breadsticks

Thursday:
garlic parmesan crusted chicken, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots with cheese sauce, spinach salad

Friday:
Date night for Dallin and I so something easy for the kids - maybe a frozen pizza or pasta with alfredo sauce

Saturday:
depends on what we do Saturday during the day, maybe some black bean and caramelized onion tortillas, fresh veggies and dip and some guac and chips

What are you eating this week? What have you made lately that was delicious?  Anything you have made from interest that was amazing?  I made Butter Chicken in the crockpot that is so yummy.  Recipe up next ....

No comments:

Post a Comment