Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 38 or 39 .... but who's counting?


Okay so I missed a week.  An entire week, folks.  4 kids + winter break = no blogging.  We have just been busy with stuff.  I could not tell you what in particular but it has been hectic around these parts.  I am still catching up.  You know what that means?  Cleaning and lots of laundry :(  Not my favourite.  You know what is my favourite?  Food!  C'mon, that was too easy people.
Anyway, I have a few recipes up my sleeve this week but until then, a menu ....

Sunday:
We had friends over to watch the Oscars.  I LOVE the Oscars and I LOVE food but I love them both together with friends the most!  We had General Tao chicken wings, guacamole and chips, a veggie and fruit platter, caesar salad and homemade pizzas - cheese and pepperoni for the kids and BBQ chicken with cilantro and then pesto, artichoke, caramelized onion and sun dried tomato for the grown ups.   Friend made homemade skor bars - to die for!

Monday:
Steak with horseradish dijon cream sauce, crispy parmesan smashed potatoes, garlic mushroom green beans

Tuesday:
cashew pork over rice with glazed carrots on the side (I am going to do a mashup of recipes and see how it goes!)

Wednesday:
glazed meatloaf over creamy polenta, broccoli and cheese sauce

Thursday:
chicken rollatini with mashed sweet potatoes, corn and salad


Friday:
no idea, possibly date night for D and me but if not then I will make spaghetti and garlic bread

Saturday:
something simple - maybe paninis

What are you cooking this week?  Is anyone out there reading this?  I need some ideas - they do not have to be gourmet, just ANYTHING to cook!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'm cooking. Ask me at 4pm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you post your dinners! I will start following your blog.
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete