Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Week 30

Okay so technically it should be week 31 but I skipped last week and I don't like to lie so week 30 it is.  Things have gotten so crazy, as I am sure it has for all of you, this time of year.  I really do feel like Christmas sort of snuck up on me though and now we are staring it down, only 6 days to go.  How did this even happen?!?  I AM excited though, especially to give the kids the big gift.  They are going to FLIP!  I also love all the holiday-ing and parties, the food and friends.  Did I mention the food?  I love food :)
This week for dinner:

Sunday:
Pork roast with dijon apple cream sauce, roasted new potatoes and sweet potatoes, green beans, canned peaches and canned beets (I canned the peaches and my MIL canned the beets and they were a-mazing!)

Monday:
Cafe Rio pulled pork burritos or whatever you want to call them, salad and rice.  My MIL is cooking for us and I am so excited to eat!  We are also going to the live Nativity after for Family Home Evening so it will be a great night overall.

Tuesday:
sweet and sour meatballs and rice, glazed carrots and a mandarin spinach salad

Wednesday:
creamy chicken stew with biscuits (a la Ina Garten but really my own version, which I think is much better if I do say so myself), caesar salad and zucchini

Thursday:
cashew pork with pineapples over rice, broccoli and maybe a cabbage salad

Friday:
homemade pizzas - we have talked about it for a few weeks but they just never happened.  Probably just cheese for the kids and maybe bacon, tomato and caramelized onion for Dallin and I or fig and prosciutto ... or maybe we will do both/half and half :)  I love options!

Saturday:
Our Christmas Eve feast at my IL's - a tonne of appetizers and treats and we all just pig out for hours.  Delicious!!!

What are your traditions?  What kinds of things do you love to eat at the holidays?  Do you do anything special?

No comments:

Post a Comment