Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 15

Hello all.  Happy last week of summer.  Doesn't that just seem so sad?!?  I am not ready in any way shape or form for the kids to go back.  I am one of those few moms who dreads back to school and would much rather have my kids at home playing with their friends and hanging out with me then in the classroom and gone all day long.  I am in denial right now and am hoping to have some fun over the next week so that we can make up for the pending doom.  Okay, so that is dramatic and my kids are actually quite excited about it.

For meals this week, I am trying to grill as much as possible and enjoy our time outdoors.

Sunday:
BBQ chicken, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and strawberry salad with candied pecans and simple dressing

Monday:
steaks with sauteed mushrooms and onions, mashed potatoes, grilled zucchini (from the garden) and roasted beets

Tuesday:
pork tenderloin with parmesan polenta, glazed carrots, steamed sugar snap peas

Wednesday:
sloppy joes on homemade buns, oven fries and spinach salad (I know this has been on the menu forever but I just have not made it yet)

Thursday:
Our Back to School Feast - grilled turkey burgers/sliders for the kids, fruit salad, baked potato salad, veggies and dip, some kind of special dessert - maybe brownies with ice cream and hot fudge sauce

Friday:
homemade pizza - cheese or hawaiian for the kids and pesto, artichoke, sun dried tomato and caramelized onion for us

Share those menus or recipe ideas with me :)  I need some help here people .... I am running out of meals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment