Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sleep


There is nothing more precious than a sleeping baby. I can sit and watch Lydia sleep for so long. She just purses her little lips and makes cute noises and I melt. I love her snores. I love her little sleepy mouth. Somehow even when she was waking up multiple times a night I didn't mind because she would look at me with those long slow blinks and then fall asleep nursing and all I wanted to do was hold her!
Lydia has started to sleep longer now. I must say that it is the BEST feeling in the world to get more than 3-4 hours of sleep in a row. She has been going 7 hours all week long and I just love it. She has always been a really good baby but this has just made life so much better. I am sure by saying all of this I will jinx it but I am just so happy right now. She is at such a good stage - she sleeps well, is smiling and cooing and loves to be around us. She is so patient with the kids holding her and poking and prodding her. She is content and calm and usually in a good mood. I am chalking it all up to the fact that we are both finally getting a good night's sleep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment