Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Girlfriends





Moving to our small-ish town I wondered what kind of friends I would make here and if we would be close, have fun, hang out together, etc.  I have always been kind of nervous around other women and have trouble fitting in at first - I stand back and wait and then try to jump in but end up being overbearing.  I recognize it and try to work on it but alas, it makes me awkward and people are sometimes uncomfortable with me.
Thankfully we have a LOT of women around the same age in our ward.  A LOT.  I would say about 70% of us are within 10 years of each other.  That means there are a lot of chances to hang out with someone and get to be friends with them.  A group of us has started to go out and have girls nights about once a month or so.  It has been the saving grace that has gotten me through some pretty crazy days with my kids and it is one of the things I look forward to when I just need to get out.  These women are crazy.  They are fun and off the wall and make me do things I would usually not be comfortable with.  They are impulsive.  They take pictures of everything, leaving glaring proof that we did indeed go rollerskating or to Toys R Us to play with a hoola-hoop.  I love that these ladies can get me out and having fun in a matter of minutes and that I actually feel like I fit in with them.  They really are some of the best friends I have ever had and I love that we are going out and doing things that married mothers of 2, 3, 4, 5 children would NEVER normally do.  
Tomorrow we are going on an adventure to Value Village .... stay tuned for pictures to come ....

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice to learn more about you. I love reading your blogs. I can relate in so many ways and I am so grateful for your open honest feelings. They are refreshing!

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete