Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 41

Emma with her "boyfriend" at the Glenbow Museum


Another week gone.  We are into the 2nd week of March already here, people.  How did that possibly happen?  Life is just whizzing by and it feels like Spring was just here and now we are back there already.    Spring is so close, too.  I know we could still get more snow and have cold weather again but for now I am enjoying all the bare ground and warm afternoons.  It feels like April-early May and I am LOVING it! I love not having wet feet everywhere I go and I love running outside and I love not having to wear a hat and mitts.  
We have also decided we are going to paint.  Our entire main floor.  It is going to be a MASSIVE undertaking, especially for two novice painters like us, but we are ready for it.  Now I just need to pick a colour.  Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed.  
Our food was good last week, only a day or two that did not get made.  For this week:

Sunday:
Dinner at my IL's again.  My SIL is in town from Sask so we all enjoyed dinner together.  It was a treat - turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, homemade buns and lemon meringue pie!

Monday:
We had our furnace break down and I was so busy trying to get it fixed so we had bacon, eggs, toast, hot chocolate and fresh banana bread

Tuesday:
Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic pull apart bread and salad - we have had this on the menu for weeks but I just can't seem to get it made!

Wednesday:
Bourbon Chicken, brown "fried" rice, green beans with almonds

Thursday:
garlic and herb rubbed pork tenderloin,  oven roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, grilled zucchini and glazed carrots

Friday:
Dallin and I are going out for a date night so something easy for the kids, probably some whole wheat farfale with a parmesan cream sauce (their fave)

Saturday:
I am going to a special church dinner for all the ladies that live in my town and part of Calgary so Dallin will be on dinner duty with the kids.  Possibly soup and grilled cheese

What are you cooking?  What are you craving now that the temps are warming up?  I cannot wait to BBQ  again, especially grilled vegetables.  Yummmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment