Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 33


Monday night already.  Looks like the weeks are just going to fly by.  School has taken over our life - Girls' school, D's school, my driving to and from school, homework for everyone ...... we are drowning in academia over here!  That and the fact that my last post stated that it was warm and gorgeous.  The very next day it snowed about 2 feet.  Then the temperature plummeted.  We are snugly into those nasty minuses I alluded to.  Not fun.
I am feeling very antsy these days.  I need to get away on a trip.  Thank goodness we have one planned but it is not close enough and I feel the need to flee.  I doubt we will fit in any such jaunt with the above mentioned academic overload but I can dream, right?
For dinners ......

Sunday:
Ham steaks with apple cinnamon clove glaze, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans, spinach salad with pomegranate, feta, red onion and cucumbers.

Monday:
Corn chowder and buns

Tuesday:
White Chicken Enchiladas,  corn, mexican spinach salad, maybe some brown rice or something for the kids just in case!

Wednesday:
mushroom soup, caesar salad, fresh fruit, multigrain bread

Thursday:
apple & white cheddar stuffed pork chops, oven roasted potatoes & sweet potatoes, broccoli

Friday:
Homemade pizza, raw veggies and dip

Saturday:
no idea, maybe out for dinner or some kind of sandwiches/paninis - I have a photography course all day so I won't be cooking much!

What are you eating this week?  What kind of food are you craving right now?  All I want is some warm soups and stews and fresh bread/buns ....

1 comment:

  1. I feel your longing for a trip away...unfortunately I don't see that in our future :( However, I did want to tell you that I have read through previous posts of yours, and copied down at least 7 recipes that I can't wait to try. Thanks for always posting, your an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete